Invisalign® Provider in Bellevue WAWe offer brand-name Invisalign® Clear aligners to straighten your teeth. Customized for every patient.
Benefits of Invisalign®
Invisalign is an efficient and comfortable method of straightening teeth.
It also offers the advantages of being nearly invisible and removable.
This means that no one will know you are undergoing orthodontic treatment!
In addition, you will also be able to maintain all of your brushing and flossing habits, without the hassle of wires and brackets.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is the biggest manufacturer of clear aligners. They are what Kleenex is to tissues or Band-Aid to bandages.
Invisalign® is made of clear, transparent, and removable plastic sheets that wrap around your teeth.
It usually comes in a series and each consecutive aligner moves teeth ever so slightly towards your goal of complete alignment.
Our team prides itself on delivering the most custom treatment plan for your specific needs.
This means that all our clear aligners are made to address your unique orthodontic problems in a timely manner.
Who Can Get Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is best suited for patients with mild to moderate orthodontic problems. These include:
- Patients with mild crowding, spacing, crossbites, and overbites.
- Patients who need orthodontic treatment to facilitate restorative treatment by their general dentist. This includes patients who need space for a cap (crown) or implant.
If your problems are more severe, Invisalign® can still be incorporated into your treatment plan to minimize your overall treatment time and achieve an excellent result.
We do this by combining traditional or lingual braces with Invisalign® to play to each system’s strengths.
We call this hybrid treatment.
Hybrid treatment often results in faster, more esthetic and more comfortable orthodontic treatment.
Pros & Cons Of Invisalign®
Much like other means of straightening teeth, Invisalign has its advantages and disadvantages. Here are some that you should be aware of:
- Clear: Invisalign® and clear aligners are obviously a much more esthetic option compared to traditional braces, but less invisible than lingual braces behind the teeth.
- Removable: You can easily remove your Invisalign® at home, work, or wherever you are. This means that it is generally easier to brush and floss during treatment than with traditional or lingual braces. However, this also means that if the clear aligners are not worn, the teeth are less likely to move and treatment may not be as successful.
- No unsightly white spots: Because clear aligners and Invisalign® are removable, it is much easier to keep the teeth clean and therefore unsightly white spots from poor oral hygiene are less of a problem with clear aligners like Invisalign® than they are with traditional or lingual braces.
- Compliance Driven: Because Invisalign® can be removed, treatment success hinges on the patient’s ability to wear the aligners at least 22 hours daily. If the aligners are not worn for 20-22 hours daily, Invisalign®’s ability to move the teeth will drastically diminish.
- Limited to mild to moderate orthodontic problems: Invisalign® is not an “end-all be-all” solution to all tooth alignment problems. Severe bite issues or tooth malalignment can be very difficult to treat and, in some cases, may take more time then traditional or lingual braces to treat. Luckily, our orthodontic team is uniquely trained to combine clear aligners like Invisalign® with other systems like lingual braces behind the teeth.
Who Can Get Clear Aligners & Invisalign?
Clear aligners are best suited for patients with mild to moderate orthodontic problems like mild crowding, spacing, crossbites, and overbites. We also often use clear aligners like Invisalign for patients who only need orthodontic treatment because their general dentist needs to deliver a cap (crown) or implant and want to ensure that their patients have the best possible bite at the end of treatment.
How long does invisalign take?
Like any other orthodontic treatment modality, clear aligner treatment can take anywhere between 6 and 24 months depending on the problems being addressed. It all depends on your initial orthodontic problems and our mutual treatment goals. Frequently a combination of clear aligners like Invisalign and either lingual or traditional braces are the best choice for patients. We realize that time weighs heavily on our patients’ decision to pursue orthodontic treatment—that is why we feel it is important that we present you with treatment options that meet your goals of effective, efficient, and esthetic orthodontic treatment.
Is Invisalign faster than braces?
Invisalign or Clear Aligners can be more efficient or less efficient than traditional braces depending on the problem being corrected. Frequently a combination of Clear aligners (like Invisalign) and either lingual or traditional braces are the best choice for patients.
How much does invisalign cost?
The cost of clear aligners like Invisalign is the same as that of traditional braces and will depend on the problems being corrected. We are happy to provide you a quote at your initial complimentary examination once our orthodontic team has determined how to best address your needs and concerns.
- Delta Dental and Microsoft Premera Orthodontic Insurance - July 2, 2019
- The Bellevue Insider’s Guide to Invisalign and Clear Aligners - June 22, 2019
- Recently Opened - March 29, 2019